The Honor Ride
Saturday June 18, 2016
Thank you for supporting the MPT Salutes Vietnam Veterans and riding for a fallen Vietnam Veteran. The following will give you details for before, during and after the ride on June 18. If you have questions, please let us know by emailing: TheHonorRide2016@gmail.com.
Day of Ride Schedule:
|9:00 am||Staging/Check-in at American Legion Post 22|
|12:00 pm||Check-in closes|
|12:30 pm||Riders to bikes|
|12:45 pm||Rider briefing|
|1:00 pm||Kick stands up|
Getting to American Legion Post 22:
To avoid congestion, it is requested that all riders enter Post 22 by turning right into the parking lot from southbound in York Rd. The entrance to Post 22 is just past Dunkin Donuts and Papa Johns.
- Click here for directions from points throughout the region. (268.9 KB)
- Or find directions through Google Maps or MapQuest.
Restrooms will be available and refreshments will be on sale at staging area.
Pre-registration is now CLOSED.
Please contact: TheHonorRide2016@gmail.com about registering onsite.
The Honor Ride Route
Riders will leave Post 22 and travel 11 miles north, led by police escort, to the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium.
The official route is:
- Right turn out of the parking lot and proceed S/B on York Rd. towards Bosely Ave.
- Turn right on to Bosely Ave.
- Bosely Ave. to left turn on W. Joppa Rd.
- Joppa Rd west towards Falls Rd.
- Right onto N/B Falls Rd from W. Joppa Rd.
- Falls Rd N/B towards Padonia Rd.
- Turn right onto E/B Padonia Rd. from Falls Rd.
- Padonia Rd towards York Rd.
- Turn right onto York Rd. and proceed S/B until reaching the main entrance of the Maryland State
- Right into Fairgrounds go to the infield/grandstand area.
- Riders will make a pass around the grandstand and end at the Honor Ride parking lot.
- When parked, riders will stand next to their bikes and prepare for the throttle salute.
At the conclusion of the salute, all veteran riders and those serving in the military are invited to the infield to the chair memorial so that we can honor the 1,017 Marylanders who perished during the Vietnam War.
The Fairgrounds address is 2200 York Rd., Timonium, MD 21093.
The total ride is 11 miles with few major intersections which will be blocked by the Baltimore County Police Department.
NO ALCOHOL is allowed at the staging area.
The following vehicles are prohibited:
ATV's, Slingshots, Mopeds, Dirt bikes, Mini bikes, Bicycles, Cars/ Trucks/ SUV's
There are no rider or participant fees with this ride.
Rain or Shine
For details about LZ Maryland, click here.