Maryland Public Television’s: Inside Vietnam
An exclusive 12-day trip to tour the country of Vietnam, just for MPT viewers!
As part of the MPT Salutes Vietnam Veterans initiative, MPT and Virgin Vacations are partnering once again to offer an incredible 12-day trip to Vietnam in October 2016. In addition to the 12-day tour of Vietnam, travelers also have the option to visit Cambodia for three days in advance of Vietnam. Highlights of both trips are available below.
To learn more, click one of the links below!
- 10 nights, First Class accommodations in Vietnam
- Includes 19 meals: 10 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 5 dinners (Gala Dinner included)
- Escorted Tours with Air & First Class Accommodations Included.
- English-speaking tour manager throughout
- $200 Deposit at time of booking, pay later.
Reservations are no longer accepted for this trip.
Option #1 - Maryland Public Television’s: Inside Vietnam
October 17-28, 2016 - $2,999 per person
10/17 – Depart for Vietnam from JFK airport.
10/18 – Arrive in Ho Chi Minh: Transfer to hotel and enjoy the balance of the day at leisure.
10/19 – Ho Chi Minh City Tour: Tour includes neo-Romanesque Notre Dame Cathedral, the French architecture of the Central Post Office, City Hall, the Saigon Opera House, then shopping in Ben Thanh Market and Dong Khoi Street.
10/20– Flight to Da Nang then Hoi An City Tour : Walking tour of Hoi An including the gorgeous Phuoc Kien Pagoda, the 400 year old bright-red Japanese Covered Bridge and the Ancient House.
10/21 – Full Day in Hoi An: Spend a full day at leisure discovering all of the delights of Hoi An independently.
10/22 – Travel to Hue, Hue Imperial City Tour : Afternoon tour of former Imperial capital, modeled after the Forbidden City in Beijing.
10/23 – Full Day in Hue: Day at leisure to explore Hue independently.
10/24 – Flight to Hanoi, Sightseeing en route to Halong Bay: Upon arrival, travel overland and through the lush Vietnamese countryside to picturesque Halong Bay.
10/25 – Cruise Halong Bay, Travel to Hanoi: Sail on a traditional wooden boat on the tranquil bay with lunch served on board. Visit to one of the caves. Afterwards, drive to Hanoi.
10/26 – Hanoi City Tour & Evening Water Puppet Show: Visit to the Museum of Ethnology then attend a performance of the world-famous Water Puppet Show.
10/27 – Full Day in Hanoi: Spend a full day at leisure discovering Hanoi.
10/28 - Depart Vietnam en route to JFK airport.
Option #2 - Maryland Public Television’s: Inside Vietnam with Cambodia Pre Stay
October 14-28, 2016 - $3,849 per person
10/14 - Depart for Cambodia from JFK airport.
10/15 - Arrive in Phnom Penh: Transfer to hotel and enjoy the balance of the day at leisure.
10/16 - Phnom Penh City Tour: Tour includes visit to the Victory Monument, the Royal Palace including the Silver Pagoda and incredible Buddha statues, the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum. Then, fly to Siem Reap and enjoy dinner with a traditional Apsara show.
10/17 - Full Day Angkor Thom & Angkor Wat Tour: Tour includes visit the Elephants Terrace and Terrace of the Leper King, the mysterious Bayon Temple, and visit to stunning Angkor Wat including an unforgettable sunset.
10/18 - Tonle Sap Lake Boat Excursion then Flight to Ho Chi Minh: Embark on a serene boat excursion, and later visit the National Museum. Afterwards, flight to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
10/19 - Meet up with the MPT Tour and commence Vietnam trip. See above 10/19
TRAVELERS WITH DISABILITIES:
- In order to fully enjoy your Virgin Vacations tour, we recommend that you select a trip that is suitable to your physical capabilities. Tour participants requiring any form of assistance are required to notify Virgin Vacations in writing prior to reservation for review and our agreement. Additionally the tour participant, must be accompanied by an individual responsible for providing those services. Tour managers, guides, drivers or other tour, hotel, ship personnel are not able to provide such assistance. Escorted tours are fast-paced, often requiring lengthy walks over uneven terrain. Clients with special needs may be better served independently. Virgin Vacations can suggest touring options based upon specific requirements. In order to participate in escorted tours, passengers must be able to understand and follow instructions given by the Tour Director at all times. Passengers may not interfere actively or passively with the successful operation of the tour, including but not limited to emergency situations.
Wheelchairs & Walkers:
- International Tours: Hotels and cruises outside of the United States are not required to comply with ADA requirements and therefore may not have ramps, wide entryways or elevators to accommodate disabled passengers or devices such as wheelchairs, walkers and motorized scooters. Due to physical constraints and space limitations, wheelchairs, walkers and motorized scooters may not be taken aboard motor coaches.
- Service Animals: Service animals cannot be accommodated on international escorted tours.
- Virgin Vacations reserves the right to remove any person from a tour who has not provided the required notification, has not received written confirmation from Virgin Vacations, or does not comply with these regulations. All related expenses, including those to return home, will be borne by the passenger.